Friday 19 July 2013

Blogging at Costa Coffee - Stansted Airport: Blog 151

Well this is a different blogging experience! I think it may qualify me as a fully fledged hardcore blogger? Sitting in Costa Coffee waiting for Maciej to arrive from the 7.55 flight Wroclaw.

Maciej - a tad worse for wear!
Last time when he and Anna arrived Maciej took
ages getting through passport control - because although he is Polish he has a US passport. So just as I am settling down thinking I have at least 45 minutes
to experiment with mobile blogging - I see I have two missed calls from him! Well that puts paid to my little plan then. He's already here in the main concourse and I haven't even started my cappuccino. Here he is plonking himself down to say hello - but I have managed to get an extra couple of minutes here as he has gone to get a coffee. 

He's back so soon to help Josh and I market the ARKA Teatr visit in August. We still have quite a bit of money to raise - £2,000 in fact - so if you fancy helping out do visit our fundraising page - https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/bXhke



Maciej is going to pound the streets of Barking and Dagenham to meet Polish folk who work and live here.I just found out the other day that Polish is the third most spoken language in the UK now! Mind you if you live where I do you would appreciate this. 
The very funny Ava Vidal in full swing

Last night was a good one too - I attended the Standup for Labour comedy evening fundraiser organised by Cllr Darren Rodwell. Excellent evening all round.

And here a pic of Darren strutting his stuff with retiring Councillor John Davis. He was presented with a framed newspaper article and photo from 1993 found by Jeanne Alexander and Tony Ramsay. It was a lovely moment. 

Anyway - must dash Maciej is getting fed up with waiting for me whilst I am finishing this little post - sorry Mach! 

See y'all later





No comments: