Monday 15 July 2013

Blog Holiday In St Vincent

Good morning.

I am signing off now for a couple of days - in order to read my friend's manuscript - she's asked me to put a forensic eye over her work before it goes to her publisher - and I am looking forward to it. Red pen in hand and ready to go! 

So I am going to take this virtual blog holiday for a couple of days in her home island of St Vincent in the Caribbean - thought it would put me in the mood to be around her roots - Looks gorgeous. And that will be me sitting there on the bridge, nonchalantly dipping my toes in the water.















Saint Vincent is a volcanic island in the Caribbean. It is the largest island of the country Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. It is located in the Caribbean Sea, between Saint Lucia and Grenada. It is composed of partially submerged volcanic mountains. Its largest volcano and the country's highest peak, La Soufrière, is active having last erupted in 1979[1]

The territory was disputed between France and the United Kingdom in the 18th century, before being ceded to the British in 1763 and again in 1783. It gained independence on October 27, 1979. Approximately 100,000 people live on the island. Kingstown (population 25,418) is the chief town. The rest of the population is dispersed along the coastal strip, which includes the other five main towns of Layou, Barrouallie, Chateaubelair, Georgetown, and Calliaqua.



So have a good week all - my virtual flight leaves in half an hour - see ya'll later!



No comments: