Saturday 8 June 2013

Polish Man with Double Bass Steps out of River: Blog 126


Good morning!

I have simply nothing to say other than life is exquisite and playful.

Get this  - I did, just. On my way back down Abbey Road yesterday I happened to glance towards the river. It was a sunny day and the London horizon including the dome always takes my breath away and lifts my spirits. (The sunset over London is spectacular also - seen from the window of the Malthouse Studios). 


My ambush
There on the horizon I saw a man with a double bass walking down the steps from the river. He was slightly eclipsed by the sun. Its true. No doubt about it - I had to stop him to ask for a photo. He kindly obliged in slightly broken English. I felt 'the' question on the tip of my tongue - I already knew the answer. 'If you don't mind me asking ......where's your accent from?"...........exquisite pause and then he uttered the word 'Poland'. I nearly let out a squeal of delight but decorum got the better of me. I just knew it. He went on to explain to me that he was on his way to a gig in Covent Garden where he plays in a six piece band with other Poles. The conversation lasted no more than 3 minutes and I had booked him for an event later this year. I then went home and unpacked my shopping. Ah life.


The unsuspecting Marco
That's it for this morning - I am still relishing it. The universe has a great sense of humour if only we stop to notice.

I am off to Keith and Ali's in Kent for Keith's big birthday - really looking forward to lovely times with friends.


Have a great day.





No comments: