Sunday 2 June 2013

BLOG HOLIDAY TIME - Santiago - Chile?

Morning! Well almost morning.

I am off on one of my short blog jollies now for a couple of days - think I quite fancy Chile. I was in Brazil for my last virtual holiday in March- so just working my way around South America! Hee hee! I am prompted to go for Chile as my old friend Pascuala is a children's doctor there! My friend Maryam and I were chatting about her the other day and we haven't seen her for many years - so maybe a real visit is in order or at the very least a well overdue Skype call! A virtual trip will have to suffice for this week though! 




And as its Sunday - probably  - my favourite quote from Marianne Williamson's book,  A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles comes to my mind: (Often wrongly attributed to Nelson Mandela)


“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”


Have a great Sunday - and don't burn the roast!

Header quote from Sylvia Plath

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really liked your blog. Whenever I can pass it here to prestige. It will be an honor for us to have him as a follower of our blog.

THE ART OF NEWTON AVELINO
http://www.aartedenewtonavelino.com

Brazilian art and culture