Friday 10 May 2013

Guest Video Commentary on Mullered by Jeannette Etienne - Sydney Russell School Dagenham; Blog 107

Good morning!
Natalie in full swing talking to SR students!

So yesterday was the final day of performances of Mullered by Clifford Oliver. I believe all actors deserve chocolate at the end of an energetic run of over 50 shows. So having gone the wrong way to Sydney Russell School in Dagenham (in spite of being there loads of times - ah the perils of the physical world when related to me!) I arrived just as Natalie was opening the show with a group of year 7 and 9. But no problem, my four very large bars of £1 chocolate purchased hastily from a Tesco Express were grasped in my hand - mmmm - yeuch. There was a little bit of squabbling over who had which - but that's par for the course.

Karl in full swing as Louis!
It was great to be with the team as they finished the show - and I am very proud that the standard and the commitment they demonstrate as well as sheet talent of course is as good and fresh as on day one! Well done John, Jordan, Karl and of course our trusty Nat.


The welcome at Sydney Russell is always second to none - and Richard was a great host once again.

During the short break between shows he took us to the staff room, always a great thermometer of a school - lovely atmosphere and reasonable coffee too! 


There I bumped into Jeannette - Head of Year 9 who had just seen the show. She started to talk - and ever opportunistic I asked if I could capture some of these thoughts about the impact of our work - and so over to her.



More new project ideas permeated the day through a range of interesting conversations - resulting in my total inability to get to sleep last night! Thanks.
And to boot the fierce wind channel outside my flat knocked down all my lovely plants - so need to recover the devastation in a minute.

Have a great day.



No comments: