Wednesday 27 March 2013

Blog Holiday in Brazil. Blog 72

Morning!

I spent some time yesterday with a colleague who is a self avowed dinosaur when it comes to technology and whom I have been prodding to get moving on social media for his business for some time. He knows he should but its not really his thing. So we decided that I would spend a bit of time with him setting up a Facebook page and a group for discussion. We did have a laugh and it reminded us that we are in a cross over generation, the internet migrants in a world where our children are natives! It seems that some of us of a 'certain' age are self professed dinosaurs and some rather (or maybe very?) annoying evangelists! No guessing which one I am.

Anyway he emailed me last night threatening to throw his laptop over the balcony and was having a minor temper tantrum. My suggestion that its all intuitive, so to follow his nose was met with an air of frustrated derision! He finds the whole thing illogical. And it sort of is I suppose. But if its illogical and intuitive it speaks to the way a lot of us learn and think? I haven't given this any consideration but I am pretty sure that its totally logical and its just its method of discovery and adventure is intuitive? 

It can be frustrating but we all teach ourselves as we go and the internet unfolds in unpredictable ways just like life really. Isn't it simply a virtual mirror of how we are and how we interact and communicate. So if like my colleague you aren't a networker then the virtual 'party' that is social media is potentially as excruciating as the physical one perhaps? I hear this morning though that he has sorted it! Of course he has.

Anyway this little exchange got me thinking that I sometimes like to take a brief blog holiday, and so with this logic I can go off wherever I like on here!  I thought about where I might go on my brief blog holiday for the next few days and I have settled on Brazil. 

I have never been to South America but I have always heard amazing things about Brazil. So I am off on a short and very cheap couple of days to virtual Rio De Janeiro!

I might even see what theatre is on there! I quite fancy whats on at  Copacabana’s Theatro Net - Tim Maia Vale Tudo (Tim Maia Anything Goes) O Musical in which the cast bring the legendary father of Brazilian soul and funk to life in the musical written by Nelson Motta and directed by João Fonseca. I haven't heard of Tim Maia but it sounds like a great show! Apparently sold out in Sao Paulo.

And I quite like the look of the Ipaneima Beach hotel - 
My virtual hotel window view!


So I'll check in from blog holiday in virtual Rio in a couple of days. 
My virtual breakfast





Enjoy the Blighty weather!

No comments: