Monday 9 September 2013

Blog Break

Hiya everyone

So its that time again for a break from blogging for me. For a long time now, alongside writing my daily post I have been spending more time with my private writing including the book I am working on, and I plan to make space now for a while for more early morning writing of this. Not least as the Jasmine Street projects increase.


Much has happened this weekend including several rather frustrating hours attempting to learn Wordpress to build my website - a lovely Sunday lunch at Cristina's in Barking and spending some serious time with my friend Amari visioning and planning the next year for Jasmine Street. We did some great work together which included further exploration of archetypes, a wonderful process for understanding story and character as well as ourselves. The ideas and writing of materials, concepts for new theatre pieces and programmes for JS, curating for the Icehouse Quarter and simply the amount of exciting stuff in the ether now need to be turned into reality. In order to capture and realise much of this it will require sharper focussing, marshalling and prioritising. Indeed before very long I will need to bring in other people to work with me on it all!

So here goes. Today brings a meeting with Rooff about my new contract to realise an artistic programme here, public speaking coaching sessions with new clients and a meeting in the west end with an agent about my freelance directing work and then my writing group with Diane Samuels later. This plus thinking about and preparing for my trip to Poland next week to talk about the ARKA Teatr commission and the Beckett project! 

I'm excited about it all, and will pick up here again with my blog when I can. 
In the meantime - thanks to all of you who read it, and to those who have given me such warm feedback over the past few months. Not sure how long this break will be but I'll be back soon.

Have a great week. 



No comments: