Friday 19 April 2013

Blog Holiday in Lyme Regis: Blog 92

=
Great day yesterday, moving forward with a number of new creative projects, so good meetings and more ideas developing.

I am very excited about the solo performance festival for the autumn, and was in a useful discussion with Phil and Olivia in the morning about having a go at tackling the Molly Bloom monologue from Ulysses. Olivia is 2nd in the world for Irish dancing and is just graduating from college and I have a hunch that there is some fun to be had with this and with Molly!

I am going to take a blog holiday now for the weekend. I am off to Lyme Regis with 5 old school friends (old being the operative word ..... nice and old). We have rented a cottage for the weekend, and it will be a riot I know. I am bracing myself for it now. We have all known each other since we were 11 and some since they were 5! For most of us this is the only time we get together, apart from my friend Ali and I who see each other very often, although we all often speak to each other on the phone and some people are closer to each other than others.


Jude, Jo and Captain Ali 2011 Canal Boat holiday
Its always a journey into history where we relive our stories, and cackle at the memory of our younger selves, particularly our school days at Tonbridge Grammar School for Girls.

We all have particular roles too, locked in history and not always still applicable. But for our weekend away we inevitably fall back into them, and its quite fun. My role was always the class clown, the one who asked the stupid question, the dramatic and emotional one, the risk taker. And also the clumsy one, the one who fell down the steps by a classroom and they had to remake the steps! I ended up with 13 proud stitches in my knee, the scar of which is still visible today. So anyone who has only met me recently might be forgiven for thinking its an age thing - well I assure you its not! My challenges with staying fully grounded in the physical world have been life long!


Me
I love this time with old friends, its revitalising and great fun and there is a sense of 'coming home' in the company of people you have known for a lifetime. I think we are lucky that there are six of us too, and even though our lives could be no more different, every time we spend time together we come away renewed. 


Anita, Jo, Jude and Ros- Ali and I were doing the work! 
Ali and I are driving down together this morning and will no doubt have solved the world's problems by the time we get to Lyme. If we do I'll let you know next week. In the meantime signing off now for a few days. Have a lovely weekend all. 

Lyme Regis here we come!





















2 comments:

ian teague said...

Is Lyme Regis ready for this? - thet wont know whats hit them!

Carole Pluckrose said...

Thanks Ian! Your faith is much appreciated - we are starting with the gull installation!